sábado, 19 de septiembre de 2015

Text: The Enlightenment



“It's just in me where resides sovereign power, whose true nature consists of the spirit of consultation, justice and reason.  The existence and the authority of my courtiers derive from me only, and the discharge of that authority, which they exercise just in my name, always remains with me and can never be employed against me. Independent and undivided legislative powers belongs to me alone. It is only by my authority that the officers of my court start not in elaborating of the law, but in the registration, to the publication and execution. The public order emanates from me, and the rights and interests of the Nation, which are usually separated  from the Monarch, are united to me and  rest only on my hands.”



Speech of Louis XV to the Courts of Paris (3/03/1766). (Adapted)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario