sábado, 9 de enero de 2016

Champollion's travel (The desert no-books) 4º ESO


August 18, 1828. Travelling to Alejandria.


The first thing I did when I arrived at the city, was to visit the Egyptian Pyramids, whose first vision was really impressive. However, I didn't still know that I was going to living one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. 

When I claimed to the upper part of the Keops' Pyramid, I saw some hidden mummies. As there wasn't any security, I went closer to see them and their bandages. Then, I read on a document that these mummies were very important Egyptian people and that's the reason to conserve them. But this wasn't what surprised me, it was what I saw on the Pharaon's bandage, a type of hieroglyph. It wasn't a simple one; it was a familiar hieroglyph, which I have never seen before. 
Champollion

October 7, 1828. Discovery of the letters

I have been studying the mummies. My conclusions made me to return to my ship with my friends. I want to prepared an expedition for investigating more about them and theirs mysteries. I received so many letters, more than 1500. These letters talked about the past and the important people that are nowadays mummies, most of them we have just seen them.

We went now searching the king of France, Charles X,  for let him know what we have just discovered, but I think he won't believe us.

November 17, 1828. The meeting

I have talked with the King. I was really nervous this morning, because I thought he wouldn't believe me. By the way, I was thinking on the symbols of the Keops' bandage. Maybe, with them, the king would believe my theory and, in fact, he did it. Now i can continue my research.


November 28, 1828. The strange visitor.

This morning, when I was decrypting the hieroglyphs, someone knocked the door. It was a tall man that wanted to talk with me. He was really well informed about the Egyptian writing. He had news about new places in Egypt plenty of treasures. 


December 4, 1828. New discoveries
David, that strange visitor was a great person, he knew all about hieroglyphs, he surprised me. He explained me that Egypt was full of treasures. He knew a lot about them. Yesterday, I saw him we talked a lot and I learned a lot. Today we are going to search for new treasures, both together. David thinks that near the Giza Pyramid we would find some of them.

December 5, 1828

Yesterday afternoon we entered to a dark place, we were curious about it and we switch on a torch to explore more. The first sight was an enormous place with great paintings on the walls. I had never seen something like that! David was surprised too, there were hieroglyphs of thousands of years… He explained me what they represented. Today we’re studying more delicately. Maybe those writings are important or will be important for our history…



(Authors: 4th C students)



Bibliography:

   Adkins, Lesley; Adkins, Roy (2000). Las claves de Egipto. La carrera por leer los jeroglíficos. Madrid: Debate. ISBN 84-8306-363-8.

- Great Pyramid of Giza. (2016, January 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 20:50, January 14, 2016, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Great_Pyramid_of_Giza&oldid=698942101

-Mummification in Ancient Egypt. (2012, January 18). In Ancient History Encyclopedia. Retrieved 22:01, January 14, 2016, from http://www.ancient.eu/article/44/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario