lunes, 25 de marzo de 2019

Antoine's letter (Activity Letters from trenches)

Soldiers, Exemont (France) Fuente: National Museum of U.S. Navy

France, 2nd December 1916

Dear sister,

I just write you to express you how much I miss you. I'm really scared and I only  want to come back home. Every morning, when I wake up I hear the bullets near me and I smell the blood and the gunpowder. I've already seen too many corpses, some of them were my friends, when they were still alive. 

A couple of day ago, I nearly died; my group and I were hidding in a bunker and we were attacked by te German troops. Currently, I am very hungry, the rations have been reduced and we don't even eat somedays. 

It's very possible that this letter won't arrive, due to the censorship, but I don't mind, I just wanted to write I feel. I wish this war would finish tomorrow.

Your beloved bother,

Antoine

Letter written by D. H., student of 4B (IES TIEMPOS MODERNOS 2018-2019)


* Cursive parts are teacher's corrections.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario