jueves, 21 de marzo de 2019

Jane Watson's letter (Activity Letters from trenches)

Fuente: Red Cross Photo en Wikimedia Commons


Elisabeth Davis
267 Dean Street
Edimburg
W1D5RS

Monday, 12th November 1916

"Dear Lisbeth,

It's the first letter that I have sent you since I left home. I hope you aren't angry anymore because of my decision. I needed to be here, to help these poor men and to feel capable of doing something useful, to be proud of myself and I need you to support me. 

Is it all okey at home?

Here, everything is very hard. I've ssen lots of ill men and bullets fly around our heads every moment. I can't stop at any time, there are grangrened feet everywhere and we had to move group of corpses, that had been there for about half a week, out of trenches. And I also had to move a man who had a very advanced disease to a close bunker. I always try to improve these soldiers' hygiene, as far as possible, because it leads to different diseases. The worst thing that I have seen is the therench foot; it's very hard to see that someone has lost a limb and he hasn't realized yez, blinded by hope. 

I'm looking forward to your reply and I hope this wars ends as soon as possible to see you. 

Yours sincerely,

Your friend, Jane"

Letter written by J. H., student of 4B (IES TIEMPOS MODERNOS 2018-2019)


* Cursive parts are teacher's corrections.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario